Monday, April 19, 2010

Police Blotter - April 9, 2010


On April 5, 2010 at approximately 8:10 p.m., a Sheridan officer was conducting traffic enforcement in the area of W. Hampden Ave. and S. Zuni St. The officer stopped a vehicle for running a stop sign and upon contact observed an odor of alcohol from the driver. After conducting roadside maneuvers, the driver was arrested for DUI. The suspect was processed at the Sheridan Police Department and summonsed to court.

Domestic Violence

On April 6, 2010 at approximately 2:15 a.m., Sheridan Police responded to the 3600 block of S. Lowell Blvd. on a reported disturbance. Upon arrival officers learned that the male suspect arrived at his wife’s temporary residence and began pounding on the door. When the victim opened the door the suspect demanded paperwork and entered the residence taking her company cell phone. The suspect fled the scene but was later located. The suspect was transported to the Arapahoe County Jail on several domestic violence related charges.

Prescription Fraud

On April 6, 2010 at approximately 10:25 a.m., Sheridan Police responded to the 4000 block of S. River Point Parkway on a reported prescription fraud. When officers arrived they learned that a female suspect has been filling fraudulent prescriptions at the pharmacy. Officers learned that the same suspect has also been filling fraudulent prescription at other pharmacies. The suspect has been identified and the case will continue to be investigated by the D.E.A. and Sheridan Detectives.

Domestic Violence Kidnapping

On April 7, 2010 at approximately 7:10 p.m., Sheridan Police responded to the 3800 block of S. Lowell Blvd. on a reported domestic violence kidnapping that occurred in the 1600 block of W. Girard Ave. When officers arrived, they learned the suspect assaulted the victim and held her against her will before she was able to get away. Officers also learned the suspect was still located at the W. Girard Ave. location, armed with a shotgun. Officers responded to the Girard address but the suspect refused to come out of the residence. Englewood SWAT responded to assist Sheridan officers, and after several hours of negotiation, the suspect was taken into custody.